We’re happy to announce Veyon 4.7.1, the first maintenance release of Veyon 4.7.x. Besides the usual bug fixes, this release adds some minor new features such as clipboard synchronization during remote control and the possibility to open multiple remote access windows at once. In the Veyon Add-ons package you’ll find the first release of the new Screen Recorder add-on. It allows teachers to record the student’s screens into video files e.g. during exams and is a very useful supplement to the well known screenshot feature.
Like all other add-ons before, starting with 4.7.1 the LDAP Pro add-on can now be tested without a license for a limited time. LDAP Pro 4.7.1 also received a bug fix to make it resolve entries of computer locations properly when using computer groups or computer location attributes. Finally, Veyon Configurator no longer crashes when access control test functions are used and LDAP Pro 4.7.1 is set as the access control groups backend.
All downloads for this release are available in the download area.
A complete list of changes in detail can be found below:
- Improved CMake code to better support sanitizers.
- Added CMake option to disable the generation/update of translations.
- The size of messages is now limited to 64 MB to prevent potential out-of-memory situations.
- Added initial libfuzzer test set.
- Added data integrity checking code to the VariantStream class to prevent out-of-memory situations and potential buffer overflows when reading data from the network.
- Added support for displaying an overlay icon on the system tray icon.
- AccessControl: Abort group test when canceling username input dialog.
- Master: Browsing of the user configuration directory has been fixed.
- LDAP: Fixed build of 3rdparty component kldap with Qt 6
- LDAP: Made the query timeout configurable (in advanced view only)
- RemoteAccess: open remote access window for all selected computers – only ask for hostname/IP if no computer is selected
- RemoteAccess: The clipboard content is now synchronized whenever it changes locally or remotely.
- WebAPI: Use updated 3rdparty components (qthttpserver, http-parser)
- Fixed non-installable DEB packages for Ubuntu 18.04 and Debian Stretch caused by compatibility problems with older versions of CMake/CPack.
- The press and hold feature now properly works on Windows.
- The 3rdparty component UltraVNC has been updated to the latest version.
- The 3rdparty component OpenLDAP has been updated to 2.6.1. It includes a bug fix for certain crashes in Veyon’s LDAP plugin when browsing LDAP directories with LDAP referrals.